“He knows the way I take…” Job 23:10
What a comforting thought. No, comforting isn’t really a strong enough word, is it? The idea that the Lord knows the way I take when it is all darkness and cloud and hyieroglyphics to me is WONDERFUL in the truest sense of that word.
(We need to pay more attention to the words we throw around. But that’s an entire ‘nother post.)
As L.B. Cowman says…
The furnace is hot, but not only can we trust the hand that kindles it, but we have the assurance that the fires are lighted not to consume, but to refine; and that when the refining process is completed (no sooner–no later) He brings His people forth as gold.”
Aaaaahhhhhh . . .
More of my 1000 Gifts List (read more about it at the link below!)
66. Birds twittering on the back porch
67. French Vanilla creamer. Reduntant, I know, but true.
68. My blonde baby, booger-y nose and all
69. Onesies, and whoever invented them
70. The sound of rain and thunder
71. A roof over my head
72. The delay-start option on my washing machine
73. Sale on boneless, skinless chicken
74. Valentines decorations so my house doesn’t feel so naked after Christmas
75. 90% off Christmas stuff at Hobby Lobby, and consequently…
76. My first-ever stocking holders
77. 4 Christmas presents for next year bought, wrapped, and hidden under my bed
78. A husband who (usually) doesn’t mind a crabby baby crawling all over him at night
79. All my children under one roof . . . for awhile longer
80. A plan for the school day
81. Bookshelves overflowing
82. A Father Who knows the way I take